Friday, May 23, 2008

some pictures

In May I went home for a week and a half and it was delicious. I went to Jamie's graduation, Jen and Matt's wedding, and hung out with friends and family, especially for my birthday and Mother's Day. And everything was GREEN! Like THIS:



Appreciate your green, people. It is one of the things you regard as normal, but the people here don't necessarily get to enjoy. Kind of like indoor heating, a fully constructed house, a washing machine, stoves and ovens you don't have to light with a match, sunny days during winter, paved roads, non-junkpile-worthy cars, etc.


That said... here are some long overdue pictures of my dear Chorrillos. My apologies for the lack of visual journalism so far this year.


a guy and a mototaxi coming down the road





eating soup after church for a parish fundraiser (this picture actually taken by Sister Edna last year, but we did it again this year)



The market! It looks much prettier on a sunny day


this is where I buy chicken.





Construction! They're turning the soccer pitch into a stadium.



Our laundry hanging out to dry between the house and the parish multipurpose room

Teresa, Magdalena, and Iris outside my favorite ice cream store


Me and Teresa in front of the ocean at the Malecón de Huaylas.











No comments: