Friday, February 20, 2009

Other pictures from November


THANKSGIVING!
Caty came back to see us and we got everybody together just like last year. We even cooked the same food.

It was a little weird because I felt like I'd seen so little of these people all the rest of the year, and now here they were at Thanksgiving... kind of like, ok, we can do this once a year, but that doesn't fool me into thinking I won't be alone a lot in this Peruvian life.

BUT... it was a great party.


everyone walks down from Delicias together...























Celina and Magdalena...


















Mary, Celina, and Ever



















And this is NOT Thanksgiving... it's me getting ready for the fancy-dress wedding I went to. Celina was my manicurist and Mary was my hairstylist. To my list of accomplishments in Peru, we add: turning a convent living room into a beauty parlor. :) (Sorry that due to technical difficulties I will not be posting pictures of the actual wedding.)

No comments: